Logistics Technician (contract)
*contract role through March 2021
About the role
The primary role of a Logistics Technician will be to help with the management of our supply chain and logistics efforts. Much of the work is done in a laboratory setting requiring the use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), i.e. lab coat, eye protection and gloves. Products include ELISA Kits, Monoclonal Antibodies, Cell and Tissue Lysates, Proteins, and other Reagents for life sciences research.
- Process incoming shipments from suppliers, ensuring all items received are correct and intact
- Organize incoming shipments, separating which products remain in Logistics and which are for the lab
- Input the products in the ERP systems, maintaining accurate records of items in stock
- Prepare documents, labels, containers, and other materials for manufacturing
- Assembly & Storage
- Liaise with Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Quality Control departments on daily kitting requirements
- Assemble finished goods for inventory, working in a ‘make-to-stock’ process where possible
- Organize inventory storage to maximize capacity of freezer units
- Perform cycle counts on inventory to maintain accuracy, reconcile with ERP systems
- Create daily picklists based on sales orders received from Boston and on available finished goods
- Pick and ship daily shipments to Boston by the 2pm deadline
- Maintain accurate records of items shipping, updating the ERP system
- Work with teammates and interdepartmental colleagues to resolve discrepancies
- Participate in continuous improvement and 5S activities
- Comply with all Global Quality Standards
Health & Safety
- Employees must contribute to a healthy and safe working environment by adhering to health and safety regulations and company policies.
- Employees must act in a responsible manner to ensure the care of their own health and safety and where appropriate, their team and that of others who may be affected by their omissions at work
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience with Supply Chain and/or Logistics
- Previous experience with SAP or other ERP systems
- Previous experience handling contained chemicals and biological materials
- Must demonstrate outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Superior multi-tasking skills
- Manages change with positivity and promotes a friendly culture
- Prior experience complying with company Health & Safety and Quality standards
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Prior experience working in a team-oriented environment
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.