Logistics Technician (3 month FTC)
About the Role
The role of Logistics Technician works as part of a diverse team responsible for receiving and storing scientific products to leading researchers around the world.
Working within a fast-paced environment, collaborating with logistics colleagues to ensure scientists achieve their mission faster, this key role will support our product processing internally and externally.
Abcam continues to grow at pace, and requires a person with the skills and experience in this domain to ensure the Logistics function is continually positioned for sustainable growth. Our culture is one of innovation and responsibility, with everyone working together to shape the direction the department is heading in.
The logistics team is responsible for receiving, processing and storing sensitive biological stock which is then shipped across the world to our internal and external customers.
Roles and responsibilities
- Receiving stock from our internal production facilities and prioritising products for processing into automated storage systems.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with high attention to detail
- Able to adapt to a changing environment
- Proven experience of working to deadlines
- Professional, can-do spirit
- Able to work with a diverse team towards a common goal.
- Computer literate (including Excel)
- Great time management and organisational skills
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment (such as restaurant, warehouse or manufacturing group)
- Comfortable with this role involving standing 60 to 100% of the time
- When provided with insulated clothing as part of health and safety measures, you should be able to spend up to 20 minutes in a freezer environment.
Desired Qualifications & Qualities:
- Previous experience in a scientific environment would be advantageous
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.