Logistics Operation Specialist, Inbound & Quality
About the role
Maintain optimal equipment functionality for the processing of inbound easy units. Enhance operational capabilities and remove constraints by advocating for new equipment or processes. Serve as point person for all Goods In quality matters, working with QA team and trainers as to ensure standardization and promote process improvements.
- Coordinate equipment calibrations, preventative maintenance, repairs/replacement for items required for Logistics aliquoting and QA procedures.
- Recommend new or upgraded equipment with supporting data (labour cost/efficiency gains).
- Vendor relations- establish contacts with new or existing vendors to best benefit the business and ensure optimal technical support.
- Maintain quarterly BSC cleaning schedule.
- Report weekly QA KPIs. Work with data analyst on GI KPIs.
- Establish trigger point for QA investigations and identify possible root cause.
- Compile technician accuracy data and identify trends. Recommend process improvements or corrective actions.
- Utilize Novunex Quality Management System as needed to document SOP changes.
- Post or report on accuracy results in a compelling fashion for the department.
- Analyse shortage complaints from customers. Identify trends (products type, technician, timeframe, aliquoting equipment.
- Utilize the Novunex QMS to track all equipment purchases, replacements, calibrations to reflect a current snapshot of our equipment.
- Keep accurate and organized records of all maintenance reports/purchases.
- Monthly report of activity to management team.
- Train staff on QA procedures and maintain schedule.
- Train new staff on easy units and aliquoting as needed (including operation of liquid handling robot).
- Follow-up with technicians and trainers to implement re-training or new methodology to mitigate future errors.
- Use Oracle Procurement Module to raise requisitions for equipment costs and receive POs for payment.
- Assist Quality team with CAPA investigations.
- Liaise with global colleagues to establish best practices and alignment.
OEM Supplier Management
- Work with suppliers and colleagues across the business to address product discrepancies.
- Use po note system and future channels to monitor and manage issues with inbound product.
- Aid in logistics processes in exceptional circumstances.
- Work with stakeholders to accommodate up-stocking initiatives (annual or resulting from acquisitions).
- Display creativity and resourcefulness in designing new processes.
- Must be proactive and pioneer change.
- Condense complex information into a user-friendly format.
- Build relationships globally to support compliance efforts.
- Comply with all Health & Safety (H&S) regulations.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience with project management is preferred.
- Must be able to operate independently to produce results.
- Proficient with MS Office, esp. Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Display solid organizational skills.
- Confident and effective communicator, inter-departmental, with managers as well as peers.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems both individually and by recruiting help from others.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998,?Abcam plc?(www.abcam.com)?began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.??
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this?outcome,?the company?both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe,?and?sources?from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.?
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.