Logistics Kickstarter Placement
Hours: 25 hours a week
Abcam is a global, life-science, business with a passion and vision of becoming the most influential company within the biomedical industry. We pride ourselves by being a strong customer-focussed company dedicated to enhancing customer satisfaction. The Abcam culture is based on empowering employees with responsibilities early on in their career, encouraging well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Our Cambridge, UK, site is looking for three individuals participating in the Government Kickstart Employability Scheme to join the Logistics department. A Logistics employee will work as part of a diverse team responsible for receiving, storing, and shipping scientific products to researchers around the world.
The Kickstart Scheme is a Government Scheme specifically for 16 - 24 year olds on Universal credit. You MUST fit this criteria to apply.
A typical day could include receiving stock from one of our global production facilities, then prioritising products for processing and ensuring it is put into stock. You may spend the afternoon picking stock for customers and preparing orders for dispatch or even converting our raw products into saleable stock. There are new deadlines to work towards every day, and as the company grows, we are looking to achieve more each day!
The working environment is fun and fast-paced, with everybody working together to deliver great service to our customers every day.
How we can benefit you:
- On the job training and online learning modules to enhance your transferable skills
- Opportunities to learn more about scientific techniques, such as aliquoting
- An insight into the scientific industry
- Gain understanding of what documentation is needed to ship products worldwide
- Work with a great, diverse and friendly team!
- Free tea, coffee, squash and fruit!
- Ability to work well with a diverse team
- Perfect attention to detail
- Easily and quickly pivots to new tasks as directed
- Computer literate (for example, comfortable with Excel)
- Great time management and organisational skills
- Previous work experience in a fast-paced environment, such as a restaurant, warehouse, or manufacturing group
- 60-100% of this role involves standing
- Not be afraid of the cold – we deal with temperatures down to -80°c