Logistics Barcoding Technician
Logistics Barcoding Technician - 3 Month Fixed Term Contract
Logistics | Abcam, Cambridge, United Kingdom
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative, and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
About the Role:
This role requires an enthusiastic individual who is confident working within a fast-paced environment, working both individually and collaboratively with other logistics members.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with inventory stock management
- Barcoding stock and Quality Assuring our products to ensure they meet our strict quality criteria for upload to internal storage systems.
- High attention to detail
- Able to adapt to a changing environment
- Proven experience of working to deadlines
- Professional, can-do spirit
- Able to work with a diverse team towards a common goal
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office
- Great time management and organisational skills
- Comfortable with this role involving standing 50 to 100% of the time
- When provided with insulated clothing as part of health and safety measures, you should be able to spend up to 20 minutes in a freezer environment
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognised globally as an organisation that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.