Lead Quality Engineer (Amsterdam)
When you join Abcam, you will have the opportunity to work with a purpose driven life sciences organisation undergoing an exceptionally exciting digital revolution.
We are ambitious. We are digitally evolving and need exceptional talent to help us drive that journey. We will design, architect and develop the prototype into a product, make it manufacturable, listen to customers and turn it profitable. The hub is a unique blend of a digital, start-up environment, within a purpose-driven organisation, achieving our objective of serving life scientists to achieve their mission, faster.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
We all have clear goals to reach at Abcam, and we’re encouraged to be original in how we get there. No matter your role, be it a Credit Controller or a Lab Technician or Solution Architect, we know that tried-and-tested doesn’t always mean best.
Dare to be different, dare to be ambitious, and you’ll help us change the game in our industry.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Lead Quality Engineer for our omnichannel platform who brings, a broad set of technical skills and product achievements, a development and customer focused mindset to solving problems, and new ideas and digital thinking into our global engineering capability.
Key responsibilities include:
- Practice and monitor a shift left testing approach with Behavior Driven Design (BDD) in the team for a faster, customer centric delivery of the highest possible quality.
- Actively engage with engineers to ensure the integrity of our automated test suites and enhance them as needed.
- Maintain and improve the end-to-end (E2E) tests and work with the engineering teams to ensure high quality delivery into production.
- Manually test scenarios that are challenging to automate and maintain a lightweight suite of such tests.
- Actively participate in Agile ceremonies and contribute from a Quality Engineering perspective.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, design and peer engineering groups to improve the quality of the platforms and products, and support our vision and digital strategy.
- Work with internal teams and vendors to manage our growth around the globe, with a strong focus on delivering our customer expectations with quality.
- Actively engage with internal teams to improve our test architecture, frameworks and tools to drive quality, accuracy and agility.
- Significant Experience in testing and automation with web technologies.
- Ability to implement BDD testing with Cucumber.
- In depth API automation knowledge (Postman or a similar tool).
- Experience in continuous delivery for high-performing engineering teams is a plus.
- Be curious, ask questions and challenge the way things are done and own improvements to culture and process (effective communicator).
- Passionate about quality and testing practices.
- Able to educate other teammates about quality engineering best practices.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a different technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
If you thrive within a transformative, fast-paced start up environment, which is part of a very successful business, then we'd love to hear from you. We are on an incredibly exciting journey and if you'd like to be part of it, get in touch.
In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer our multi-award-winning global share purchase plan, AbShare, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.