Lead Integration Architect
About the role:
Join Abcam’s Technology Team as the Lead Integration Architect responsible for evolving and realising Abcam’s integration vision and roadmap. You will define and govern best practices across all aspects of integration design and development lifecycle ensuring maximum re-use and self-service throughout Abcam.
You will be a key member of the Integration Centre for Enablement (C4E) and working with the Integration Platform Production Manager you will help build the C4E and embed our integration platforms into the foundations of Abcam’s technology landscape and evangelise about its benefits.
This role requires experience of leading the definition and designing the integration strategy across Abcam, working with MuleSoft, Kafka and Amazon Web Services as well as a thorough understanding of industry trends, frameworks, and best practices.
Key Roles & responsibilities:
- Responsible for the definition and evolution of the Integration strategy, roadmap, and adoption of Integration patterns & Connectivity.
- Provide advice and governance to the delivery teams to ensure re-use of C4E assets and adherence to integration-Led best practices.
- Develop solution designs for integrations to meet business requirements in accordance with the key Architecture Principles of Abcam.
- Working as part of the C4E, ensure alignment between the integration roadmap and the integration platform roadmaps.
- Provide technical design assistance for key programme initiatives, mapping platform capabilities to solution architecture requirements.
- Identify architectural challenges & risks and devise mitigations through creation of new reusable C4E assets.
- Interact with Business Analysts, Architects, Software Engineers and Operations to ensure the end-to-end project/programme success.
- Evangelise about the benefits of the MuleSoft platform and help drive adoption throughout Abcam.
- Excellent knowledge of the API lifecycle from requirements through to retirement.
- Practical & comprehensive knowledge of enterprise integration & API patterns, technologies, and architectures.
- Good working knowledge of MuleSoft as a developer, API designer and as an architect.
- Good working knowledge of Kafka technology and the Confluent Cloud platform.
- Exposure to CI/CD technologies and practices.
- Good knowledge of Cloud platforms (iPaaS, PaaS, IaaS and SaaS) features and capabilities.
- Awareness of API security models, including authentication, authorisation, encryption, and client management.
- Good knowledge of the product stack used in support of the API lifecycle, including API design, application development, API gateways, connectors and Control Planes.
If you thrive within a transformative, fast-paced start up environment, which is part of a very successful business, then we’d love to hear from you. We are on an incredibly exciting journey and if you’d like to be part of it, then apply today.