Lead Full Stack Engineer
About the Role
We are looking for a talented Lead Full Stack Engineer for our omnichannel platform, that brings a broad set of technical skills and product achievements, a development and customer focused mindset to solving problems, and bring news ideas and digital thinking into our global engineering capability.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead team members and engineering peers to design, deploy and operate new world class digital products and platforms
- Drive collaboration across multi-functiona teams with product, architecture, design and peer engineering groups to implement the platforms and products required to support our vision and digital strategy
- Work with internal and external partners and vendors to design and develop a roadmap for the evolution of our software engineering strategy
- Work with internal teams and vendors to manage our growth around the globe, with a strong focus on delivering our customer objectives and key results
- Collaborate with members of the global Abcam team to implement and support aspiring strategic efforts, provide constructive feedback, and foster a collaborative environment of product and engineering excellence
- Actively engage with internal teams to develop our software architecture, frameworks and tools to drive quality, accuracy and agility.
Our Tech Stack
You are an engineer at heart, therefore let us share our ever-evolving technology stack with you.
On the front end, we are developing multiple front-end applications following micro front-ends architecture, which allows our teams to grow and scale, delivering software rapidly with minimal friction. We use React with TypeScript and Styled Components. We use GitLab CI for our CI/CD pipelines. We consume back-end services using REST HTTP calls and GraphQL. Search engine visibility and asset optimization is important to us, so we implement SSR with Next.js.
For the back end, we focus on developing resilient, highly-available, performant software with top class observability and fault tolerance. We are using Node.js to develop microservices and back-end application. We leverage technologies such as Docker, Serverless Framework and TypeScript. We serve back-end APIs internally, to our customers (B2C) and to our partners (B2B). We are using tools such as message queues, Kafka for event streaming, Amazon SNS, Postgres and more. Our infrastructure sits in Amazon Web Services. Supported by our wonderful Platform Team, we are able to deliver software on Kubernetes or in a serverless manner using Serverless Framework.
- Significant software engineering experience; demonstrable technical experience in systems design, improving customer experience and engagement, and iterative design and continuous delivery.
- Experience designing and deploying solutions for B2C and B2B segments and globally distributed customer facing platforms
- Able to articulate and demonstrate how to use software development techniques and methods to deliver new digital solutions
- Self-starter and able to collaborate and manage efforts with teams across geography and time zones; acts as an informed leader and make data-backed decisions on behalf of Abcam
- Be a curious, audacious and not afraid to ask questions and challenge the way things are done today and own improvements to culture and process.
- Inform, educate and develop team members and peers to grow expertise, develop alignment and encourage collaboration
If you thrive within a transformative, fast-paced start up environment, which is part of a very successful business, then we’d love to hear from you. We are on an incredibly exciting journey and if you’d like to be part of it, then apply today.