Laboratory Support Technician
Working hours –
Position requires weekend work (e.g., Sunday-Thursday, Tuesday-Saturday)
About the role
Abcam is looking for a Lab Support Technician to join our team in Eugene, OR. The core responsibility will be to provide support for both the Manufacturing and R&D laboratories.
We are looking for someone who is committed and dependable, communicates effectively, exhibits strong attention to detail, manages change with positivity, and supports the caring and friendly culture we’re proud of. A successful candidate is proactive, adaptable, and willing to learn new skills.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform routine laboratory tasks, including glass wash, autoclaving, media and buffer preparation, aliquoting materials, and ordering/inventory management.
- Contribute to additional activities within the team, as required.
- Communicate clearly with team members within all labs, providing delivery dates and the necessary documentation as for activities.
- Document procedures and processes in laboratory notebooks and participate in the drafting and implementation of standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Support and foster a safe and efficient working environment within the Laboratory and ensure the safety of colleagues and visitors and adhere to all health and safety guidelines.
- Maintain high quality standards within the lab; ensuring the facility is compliant with all internal and external quality standards.
- Routine maintenance of scientific equipment
- Work Environment - Lab setting 90%, Office setting 10%. Lab contains hazardous chemicals and biohazards (BSL2 lab)
You have previous experience in a laboratory setting, thriving in a fast-paced environment. You are interested in learning more and taking on additional responsibilities in your role. You can work well on a team but are also comfortable working on your own.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree, an Associate’s degree plus 1 year of experience, or a high school diploma and 5 years of experience in academia or industry.
- Industrial experience in a similar role within a laboratory setting.
- Established track record of thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated, positive and enthusiastic team player with strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Hard-working and motivated.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
We are incredibly proud to be recognised as the ‘3rd Best Place to Work in the UK in 2021’, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award. Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.