Lab Support Technician (PM shift, 10:30am-7pm)
*PM shift - 11am-7pm Mon-Fri
About the role
We are seeking a Lab Support technician who will report to our Production Supervisor. Most of the work is in a laboratory setting requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including a lab coat, eye protection and gloves. The successful candidate will play a critical support function in the manufacturing of our products. This is an excellent opportunity for a hardworking individual to join a team who makes and tests an important range of products that help scientists discover more, faster. This role offers a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to build valuable lab skills and work toward long-term career goals.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Label containers
- Cap and torque finished good containers
- Aliquot bulk reagents
- Receive and put away raw materials
- Aliquot and label raw materials for long term storage
- Maintain inventory of raw material and control samples
- Complete documentation when necessary
- 5S the lab
- Maintain equipment
- Clean and distribute laboratory glassware
You are a hardworking and proven high performer in your previous roles. You are a detail-oriented individual who possesses excellent communication and organizational skills. You thrive in a fast-paced and sociable team environment. If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Position requires prolonged stints of standing/sitting
- Associates degree
- Lab experience
- Previous experience handling chemicals and biological materials
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Superior multi-tasking skills
- Manages change with positivity and promotes a friendly culture
- Prior experience complying with company Health & Safety and Quality Assurance standards
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Prior experience working in a team-oriented environment
- Good computer skills (emphasis on Microsoft Office, Access, and Excel)
- Lab setting 90%
- Office setting 10%
- BSL2 lab
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998,?Abcam plc?(www.abcamplc.com)?began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.??
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this?outcome,?the company?both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe,?and?sources?from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.?
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.