Lab Support Technician
Abcam is looking for a motivated, collaborative, individual to join our team in Branford, CT. This candidate will work directly with all teams to support experiments and maintain general lab tasks. This position is responsible for accurate, timely, and effective provision of laboratory support mechanisms.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Prepare media, plates, and laboratory reagents
- Keep appropriate stocks of all common media, reagents and lab supplies
- Autoclave/sterilize liquid materials and biological waste; clean and sterilize laboratory glassware
- Receive packages as needed
- Edit SOPs as processes are changed and write new SOPs for any new processes
- General housekeeping, inventory management, and organization of media preparation and receiving areas
- Communicate with team members and vendors regarding inventory and supply needs
- Participate in meetings and trainings
- Follow well-defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOPs & Work Instructions
- Adhere to safety, environmental, and infection control practices and procedures
- Provide any other services as needed by the facility for general operations
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in a life science, biology, chemistry, or related field
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Ability to keep a well-organized lab notebook
- Familiarity with concepts, practices, safety protocols, and standard laboratory procedures
- Team-oriented individual, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to problem-solve, manage time, and skillfully juggle priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience working in a lab environment
- Knowledge of specified laboratory solutions, materials and/or media
- Knowledge of cleaning/sterilization procedures and specifications of specified laboratory equipment and/or facilities
- Proficiency in the use of various lab equipment and techniques utilized in Media Preparation
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.