Kickstart – Talent Acquisition Administrator
We are looking for a Talent Acquisition Administrator on a 6-month fixed term basis for 25 hours per week, in conjunction with the government kickstart scheme. The role has been created to support with additional workload as Abcam continues to grow. This role is based from our global headquarters in Cambridge (UK) and working as part of the Talent Acquisition and wider HR team.
Talent Acquisition is made up of a talented group of recruitment professionals based in the UK, US and China. The team are experts in direct sourcing and use several fantastic tools such as our ATS, LinkedIn, Glassdoor and the employee referral scheme to name a few, to help us attract world class talent. TA have a great reputation across the business and as such, there is always an opportunity to influence hiring decisions and ensure we never compromise on talent.
- Create job adverts and post to internal careers page and external job sites
- Write and review candidate briefing packs and job descriptions
- Set up new roles on our applicant tracking system
- Support TA Partner with vacancy briefing meetings
- Filter applications and conduct initial telephone screenings and provide interview feedback
- Support the TA team with scheduling meetings and interviews
- Take ownership of the Abcam careers inbox
- Record and track fixed term and temporary hires ensuring extensions are processed where relevant
- Support talent scout with talent pipelining and research mapping for senior recruitment
- Utilise CV databases to identify candidates
- Administer competency assessments
- Assist TA team with creating presentations for ad hoc projects
- Attend careers fairs and networking events
You should be experienced in an administrative role, experience gained in a recruitment/HR setting would also be highly advantageous. You will have excellent IT skills and be proficient in all Microsoft packages, specifically Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with applicant tracking systems such as Taleo would be advantageous but not essential.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.