Key Account Manager-AbGenius
About the role
- Key account (AbGenius) team focus on deep service and support KOLs to drive key accounts revenue that deliver Abcam’s strategic goals and objectives. These efforts will utilize our broad capabilities to position Abcam as the partner of cutting-edge scientists in Academic/bio-industry/hospital market.
- Working across the multi-channels, we aim to position the full scope of Abcam’s innovative technology platforms and expertise to serve scientists and capture downstream revenue opportunities. Most importantly, we are working hand-in-hand with these scientists to achieve their research better, to get their discoveries beyond research faster.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Establish account plans, objectives and forecasts for each key account and update plans monthly.
- Serves as a consultant to the target accounts, tracking the shopping list of Accounts and identification of key influencer, decision maker and end user
- Work with channel manager and distributor sales team to drive the technical aspects of pre-sales and post-sales activities
- Leverage available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of supplier and internal resources
- Introduce Abcam’s cutting-edge product portfolio based on PI’s latest research/next step
- Develop strong relationships at the Key accounts to build a strong partnership for expanding the business opportunities.
- Keep abreast on market and customer research to provide knowledge about market and industry to internal and external customers
- Inform on product tactics, providing customer insights to the marketing/portfolio team.
- Master’s above Degree, Ph.D preferred, majors in molecular biology or biotechnology,
- Proven experience (1-3 years) in sales skills and key account management in life science industry.
- Solid knowledge of the cutting-edge in life science research/bioindustry is preferred.
- Has very strong convincing and influencing skills.
- Dynamic personality, team player with open communication style.
- Great customer facing skills.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay & Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this?outcome,?the company?both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe,?and?sources?from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.?
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.