HRBP (Supply Chain & Manufacturing) - 12 month contract
About the role:
Working within our Partnering team, this role will establish partnerships across the business to help develop and advance Abcam’s people strategy and the Supply Chain and Manufacturing (SCM) functional strategy whilst ensuring alignment with Abcam’s overall growth strategy. This role will help SCM develop talent, structure the organization to deliver on its objectives, and manage change on its journey. In addition to partnering the SCM organization, it will also work closely with the other HR teams as needed.
About HR at Abcam:
Life in HR at Abcam is fast paced and fun. The HR team are held in high regard across the business and are seen as a strategic and value add function that works closely with the business at all levels. Our culture is employee centered and you will have the opportunity to influence and evolve our culture as we continue to grow, as well as outstanding future career opportunities. The team is made up of generalist and specialist centers of excellence.
- Collaborate with the Head of HR and stakeholders to assess and influence key decisions regarding talent and people,
- Understand Abcam’s global business strategy and have working knowledge of the business function,
- Partner with leaders to assess gaps and ensure functional people strategies are developed and embedded to drive value to the business,
- Work with stakeholders to facilitate succession planning, ensure people capability gaps are addressed, and development plans are in place,
- Coach and influence leaders and managers around people issues,
- Provide support and advice to managers to help drive and manage the performance culture within functions,
- Provide guidance and input on organizational design/restructure, help to ensure people changes are landed successfully through effective communication plans, and help functional leaders manage the impact of changes on the wider team,
- Partner with leaders to drive engagement across the organization,
- Work closely with the HR centers of excellence as needed to address business issues,
- Work with the Head of HR, the business functions, and the Talent Acquisition team to identify and provide input on workforce planning and acquisition.
Summary of Job Requirements:
- SHRM/CIPD certified or have similar internationally recognized professional HR qualification is a plus
- Experience as a generalist or business partner at a similar level,
- Commercially and culturally astute, focused on adding value with the ability to influence & persuade senior leaders
- Ability to influence and support senior stakeholders over who you don’t have direct control,
- Excellent communicator who is confident, capable and credible with the ability to have challenging conversations, coach leaders and implement communication and engagement initiatives across teams and the business
- Able to collaborate in a team (both as member and individually) to deliver results,
- High levels of personal drive and ability to balance multiple projects and processes simultaneously.
- Excellent facilitator and mediator,
- Results focused and able to work under pressure,
- Good attention to detail and an ability to dissect and use data in decision making,
- Experience in identifying, diagnosing, and resolving bottlenecks; will take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances,
- Fluent written and spoken English.
Inclusion & Diversity:
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.