HR Administrator (9-12 month FTC)
Based from our global headquarters in Cambridge (UK) and working as part of the wider Human Resources team, you will take responsibility for delivering an outstanding service to internal customers across the business globally. The HR Shared Services Specialist sits within the HR People Services team and supports our teams by being the first point of contact for HR related queries as well as providing an outstanding administration service. This is a fantastic opportunity to have an impact on employee experience at Abcam, whilst learning all about HR policies and practices and offers a great progression route into a broader HR career. This is a fixed term appointment to cover maternity leave for a period of circa 9-12 months.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Maintain the Global HR Shared Service Ticketing system and respond to queries from employees
- Assist with day to day HR policy and process queries
- Act as an administrator for new and ongoing HR related tasks and projects
- Processing, filing and distribution of confidential reports and documents
- Schedule and coordinate induction sessions
- Support wider HR team with coordination of training sessions
- Support project delivery across the wider Human Resources function
- Other duties as reasonably requested including ad hoc project work
We are ideally looking for someone who is interested in a career in HR. This role will suit someone who is ready to make their mark and join a friendly yet highly professional team who support our colleagues globally.
- PC literate – competent user of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to learn new software and follow processes quickly and accurately
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels confidently and professionally
- Proactive outlook with a learning mindset
- Organised and methodical
- Determined & see things through to completion
Desirable but not essential:
- Associate CIPD Member (Level 3) or working towards
- Experience of using HR systems
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.