About the role
Working as part of the global HR team alongside other HR Advisors and reporting to the Employee Relations & Policy Manager, this role is responsible for providing operational HR support to managers and employees across the U.S., as well as leading on evolving policy and delivering ad hoc Employee Relations related projects. This role will be responsible for handling all ER issues for our U.S. offices. In-depth knowledge of federal and relevant state labor laws and compliance regulations is required.
About HR at Abcam
Life in HR at Abcam is fast paced and fun. The HR team are held in high regard across the business and are seen as a strategic and value add function that works closely with the business at all levels. Our culture is employee centred and you will get the opportunity to influence and evolve our culture as we continue to grow, as well as outstanding future career opportunities. The team is made up of generalist and specialist centres of excellence.
- Providing first line support and advice to managers and employees on all Employee Relations issues and managing associated case work
- Collaborating with managers across the business to identify performance and/or capability concerns and advising on process to address issues
- Acting as subject matter expert on immigration issues, compliance, employment contracts and employment law
- Providing consultancy on areas like maternity, paternity and FMLA requests
- Conducting exit interviews for all departing employees within the regions
- Continually horizon scanning externally to digest and understand key employee legislation changes across the U.S., delivering training to and regularly updating internal stakeholders
- Regularly reviewing, updating and improving Abcam employee policies across the U.S. region and ensuring that they are employee-focused and as human as possible
- Providing support to the specialist teams e.g. Talent Acquisition & Development, L&D and Reward
- Leading and delivering ER related projects across the U.S. as they arise
Knowledge of HR policies, procedures and best practice together with the ability to work with employees at all levels will be key to success in this role.
- BA/BS in human resources, business administration, or a related field such as labor relations
- A minimum of 3-4 years’ proven work experience in human resources
- Working knowledge of HR systems and software, Oracle preferred
- In-depth knowledge of employment law in relevant jurisdictions
- Demonstrable expertise in a comprehensive range of HR case work, including compliance
- Knowledge of best practice HR policy and procedure
- Aware of the commercial impact of good ER policy and practice
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
- Able to work with functional groups and different levels of employees to achieve results effectively and professionally
- Able to advise on local cultural business norms and behavior
- Able to maintain information confidentially
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to influence, both orally and in writing.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, (including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.