Head of Product Quality
The Head of Product Quality will be a role responsible for the strategic direction and delivery of product quality in Abcam, delivering globally through multiple programmes and product platforms.
Based in Cambridge, UK, the role holder will be responsible for the implementation of strategy to deliver the highest quality of products to Abcam customers through the professional lab teams. This will be delivered across multiple programme streams advising on the quality required within streams. The role holder will have direct line managerial responsibility for the Product Quality team, and will represent the knockout project delivering key messages around the project within the business and externally at aligned conferences, webinars and events. Additionally, the role holder will drive the operational arm of the complaints team, delivering high quality testing and analysis of complaints and complaint resolution. The role will report to the Director of Antibody Validation and Characterization in Cambridge, UK.
This is a leadership position in the New Product Development department and the candidate will be expected to play a leading role in quality discussions globally throughout the business.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Implementation of the strategy and delivery of product quality programme in Abcam globally.
- Strategic oversight and line managerial responsibility of the Cambridge knockout team and deliverables from the KO project, aligned with the cell lines programme teams.
- Oversight and line managerial responsibility of the in-house operational complaints process driving improvements in the scientific quality of complaints testing, turnaround of testing and final quality decision
- Representation of the complaints team with Abcam customers with severe complaints.
- Contribute to decisions of quality testing and strategic testing of targets for improving quality.
- Act as an external expert in quality and reproducibility of abcam products in webinars, conferences and events.
You have an established track record of strategic thinking and driving high quality performance in teams and in products. You have an eye for detail and a questioning nature to drive the product quality through all our platforms. You will have a wide range of technical experience, including Western Blotting, immunocytochemistry, immunohistochemistry and flow cytometry, as well as an understanding of KO cell line generation. You will enjoy the challenge of a global role which will harness your skills in stakeholder management across the business.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
- A BS Degree in biochemistry, pathology, cell and molecular biology, immunology or other Life Sciences.
- A PhD and post-doctoral experience or equivalent research experience.
- Significant experience in driving product specifications and quality.
- Experience in leading performance in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in pharma, biotech or IVD development businesses is desirable
- Experience of flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, immunocytochemistry and western blotting is desirable.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and excel in cross-functional, collaborative and fast-paced settings.
- Knowledge of ISO requirements and familiar with GLP/GMP procedures is preferred.
- If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.