Head of New Product Development Operations
About the role
Abcam is looking for an innovative and goal driven Head of New Product Development operations. Successful candidate will be a strong leader that is passionate about contributing to the growth and development of the next generation scientist. We are looking for a candidate that can lead the new product development pipelines and generate high quality research reagents. This professional will possess a strong background in immunology and molecular biology. The successful candidate will be expected to lead large, multi-disciplinary projects, manage multiple levels of scientists, and contribute to strategy and project planning.
This role reports to the Director of New Product Development.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead the strategy execution for the generation of recombinant antibodies using multiple antibody discovery platforms, experience with traditional antibody development and display based methods required.
- Maintain broad knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theory in antibody discovery and development
- Oversee a multi-disciplinary team to deliver on specific individual and corporate objectives within target timeframes.
- Train and supervise team-mates across multiple teams, including cell sciences, antibody discovery & screening and antibody validation.
- Analyze data, write reports and present results and project assessments to Senior Management
- Automate processes as needed to increase efficiency.
- Work in collaboration with Research and Technology development and Manufacturing to transition technology, projects and products as needed.
- Identify critical factors and steps that impact the overall success of a pipeline and work with Technology development to generate a plan to resolve any issues to minimize impact on success
- You have 10 or more years’ experience successfully generating products that have impacted the scientific community. You have a deep understanding of Immunology, and Molecular Biology. You have expertise in multiple antibody discovery technologies.
- You excel in pipeline planning, management and execution. You will be comfortable being the intellectual leader and be confident to influence and engage stakeholders to reach common goals. You exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills. Prioritization and time management are some of your strong points, as is multi-tasking.
- You’ll be joining a fast-paced environment and must be comfortable with hitting the ground running.
- A Ph.D., or equivalent experience in immunology, molecular biology or closely related discipline with 10+ years relevant experience in an industry laboratory setting.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.