Head of Diversity & Inclusion
About the role
Working as part of the global HR team to lead Abcam’s global Diversity & Inclusion initiatives. Reporting to the VP of People Experience this role is responsible for co-creating and implementing the D&I strategy You will be working in collaboration with senior stakeholders and Employee Resourced Groups (ERG’s) to broaden and sustain a culture of inclusivity.
About HR at Abcam
Life in HR at Abcam is fast paced and fun. The HR team are held in high regard across the business and are a strategic and value add function that works closely with the business at all levels. Our culture is employee centred and you will get the opportunity to influence and evolve our culture as we continue to grow, as well as outstanding future career opportunities. The team is made up of generalist and specialist centres of excellence.
- Support the VP for People Experience to develop and implement the D&I strategy,
- Development, management, and integration of Abcam’s Employee Resource Groups. Partner with the Exec Leadership team to develop D&I priorities within their global functions,
- Identify opportunities to build D&I capability and awareness for our colleagues at all levels and deliver interventions to support this,
- Develop a strong communications and engagement strategy to build Abcam’s D&I reputation internally and externally, in partnership with our communication teams,
- Work with the Global teams (e.g. Procurement) and within Global governance to identify opportunities to enhance our external presence, brand and bring in house external best practice. This will include completing external benchmarks/awards and monitoring the impact of these relationships for Abcam,
- Develop metrics to measure the effectiveness of D&I interventions,
- Work to improve the Self ID of colleagues to improve our dataset,
- Benchmark and research analysis, including monitoring and reporting on diversity and inclusion topics,
- Serve as subject matter expert and liaison to Heads of HR and the business to develop strategic action to attract/develop/retain diverse talent by analysing and presenting talent demographics, monitoring data trends, and developing diversity initiatives,
- Identify, build, and sustain community partnerships to support corporate diversity and inclusion projects/plans/initiatives and business strategies,
- Passionate about making Abcam a great place to work,
- Solid experience of working in a D&I role in a global organisation,
- Proven experience of leading the development & roll-out of D&I strategy across a global audience,
- Ability to think strategically, develop strategic plans and successfully execute on those plans,
- A deep understanding and a passion for making change to D&I in organisations,
- Excellent understanding of best practice and current trends in D&I, D&I data management and learning and wellbeing,
- An ability to build effective stakeholder relationships and to use interpersonal skills /influencing techniques to gain acceptance of ideas/plans with leaders at all levels of the organization,
- Demonstrated competence in directing change within a high growth organisation,
- Demonstrated expertise in project management and experience in managing multiple D&I projects,
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to include sound presentation skills,
- Proven ability to identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities and make recommendations for solutions,
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.