Head of Antibody Characterization
Job Title: Head of Antibody Characterization
About the role
The Head of Antibody characterisation will be responsible for managing the output of the Abcam Hangzhou laboratories dedicated to the characterisation and validation of new antibodies, as well performing quality control validation of existing in house developed antibodies and up validation of OEM antibodies.
The role will also be expected to take the lead in developing innovative antibody validation technologies, optimizing functions and productivity across the characterization platforms.
The role is based in Hangzhou and reports to Director of technology and NPD in Hangzhou.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work with NPD leadership team in setting strategic and operational objectives and ensure we deliver to targets as defined in the NPD operational model.
- Provide scientific and technical leadership to drive the development of Abcam Reagents product development functions. Evaluate and propose innovative antibody validation technologies to optimize antibody screening and characterization process.
- Maintain an active management oversight of an around 60 HC team. Setting and monitoring KPI, aligned with global metrics, to drive down lead time and increase success rate.
- Develop and provide regular briefings to internal stakeholders.
- Drive capability build through team development.
- Establish a safe and efficient working environment in the Laboratory and ensure the safety of lab staff and visitors. Ensure group members abide by Laboratory SOPs and H&S, Ethical and Quality policies.
- PhD degree in life sciences is required. Post Doc experience is a must. Oversea experience is Preferred.
- 5+ years of Ab discovery experience, and 6+ years of managerial experience.
- A broad range of knowledge and understanding on cell signaling pathways, epigenetics, Cancer or immunology.
- Expertise and hand on experiences in IHC, ChIP, ELISA, IF/ICC, flow cytometry, western blot, etc.
- Project management skills are preferred.
- Fluent in English for written and verbal communication.
- Adaptable, motivated and enthusiastic.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.