Global Supply Chain Planner
Supply Chain Planner
About the Role:
This position will optimize stock and service levels for our products by determining quantity and timing of production quantities. They will interface with internal stakeholders to balance global stockholding, costs and to influence capacity. In addition, this role will play a vital role in our ERP implementation, by ensuring we are adopting the most appropriate planning solutions and parameters and that robust processes and SOPs are in place to ensure a smooth transition into our new ways of working.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Responsible for Materials planning for several product categories, determining quantity and timing of production batches, optimizing standard trigger points and replenishment quantities to ensure that service level targets (Delivery on Promise, OTIF, Order Average Lead Time, Fill rate) are hit for manufactured product ranges at an acceptable cost
- Work with the Manufacturing team to support capacity planning
- Contribute to the company Sales and Operations Planning process
- Become a Superuser for Abcam’s ERP implementation, covering supply chain planning for the UK site
- Ensure that Inventory levels are optimised across raw materials and finished goods, and work with other stakeholders to optimise stock levels.
- Work within the established production budget, ensure that the order backlog is kept to a minimum and that production of new and already established products is balanced appropriately
- Ensure communication of stock replenishment dates to customer facing teams; handle exceptions where stock does not arrive on time or to specification
- Work with customer facing teams to ensure that forecasting and demand management is optimised
- Contribute to continuous Improvement activities using lean/Six sigma methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 4 to 6 years in a supply chain role
- Experience in a manufacturing supply chain planning environment, or experience working in a biological or pharmaceutical manufacturing with a solid understanding of planning issues
- Experience using supply chain planning aspects of ERP systems such as SAP or Oracle
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel
- Proven ability to build effective relationships across all levels and functions in an organisation
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English and present findings and recommendations
- Experience meeting tight deadlines, prioritizing tasks and multi-tasking to achieve results
- Ability to creatively solve challenging problems
- Ability to mentor and train junior members of the team
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law