Global Process & Data Owner (Supply Chain)
About the role
Abcam has ambitios plans to grow both organically and by selected acquisitions and partnerships, with a view ro doubling their scale by 2023.
As a result, a new global position has arisen for the role of Global Process & Data Owner (Supply Chain). This role will have overall global responsibility for the development, improvement, implementation and compliance of Supply Chain processes.
This role has been created to lead the supply chain planning process improvement and standardisation globally to remove existing scalability constraints and ensure its sustainability.
Roles & responsibilities:
- To start with, you will lead the transformation journey in partnership with the Enterprise team to support the process changes that will be supported by the ERP implementation, ensuring the business readiness and successful adoption to new ways of working;
- You will ensure the right level of planning competences is in place to successfully deliver the Supply Chain strategy and vision
- Then the focus will be on sustainability, continuous improvements and further build supply chain capabilities within the organisation to become a best in class supply chain organisation;
- Maintain a contemporary knowledge of supply chain best practice through collaboration with external networks, Supply Chain and industry forums and benchmarking organisations
- Global Supply Chain processes include S&OP, Production and Material Scheduling, Order Management, Master Data Management, etc
- In addition to Supply Chain processes, this role is responsible for creating processes that deliver supply chain master data integrity.
- Create and lead a governance process for data and processes changes with clear ownership throughout the organisation
- Matrix leadership of cross-functional teams to deliver transformation and business process improvements through coaching colleagues on planning processes and system governance
- Lead Supply Chain Partner for Digital and Enterprise teams
You will educated to degree level in a technical, engineering or business discipline (Master’s degree advantageous, or equivalent,) with extensive professional experience spanning relevant areas of demand planning, supply chain planning, production and material scheduling, operations, S&OP and end-to-end Supply Chain. You will have strong project/program management skills with a proven track record managing multiple projects and people in a complex and matrix environment, preferable with Agile experience.
You will have knowledge & experience in working with manufacturing technology & systems (Oracle, SAP etc.) to support efficiency and track KPI’s, experience in ISO9001/ISO13485/FDA would be preferred.
Demonstrated experience in leading global supply chain transformation and process improvements using lean techniques and building capabilities is a must in this role. You will have the ability to be hands-on and close to the details but also strategically thinking about the wider transformation journey to truly drive best in class Supply Chain processes.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.