French Academic Account Manager
With offices across the US, Europe, and Asia, Abcam is one of the leading life science companies today, achieving multi-year double digit growth with the aim of helping scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Job Title: Academic Account manager
Reports to: Director of Sales – Academic and distributors
Job purpose: The academic account manager will be responsible for the generation of new business in existing and new accounts and managing a portfolio of biotech and academic organizations in the territory.
In this role, you will be responsible for the strategic and tactical management of accounts in your territory including focusing on existing relationships and generation of new business opportunities within key geographic areas in the Region. In order to deliver on revenue expectations, the academic account manager will need to build relationships with key users at named accounts and nurture large opportunities through a pipeline. They will proactively make outbound calls, schedule customer visits in their assigned territory and nurture leads from marketing through to opportunities.
- Identify and support key tenders in the region and take a proactive approach to the tender application process. Working closely with the support of the tender manager, document, evaluate and apply to all relevant tenders in the region.
- Identify and nurture procurement teams in the region and facilitate long term relationships. This should include e-pro, procurement and tender teams.
- Identify new opportunities to develop business relationships in named accounts with a special focus on high potential accounts in the territory.
- Develop a territory plan for your territory that supports our specific business objectives and implement supporting activities, develop key contacts and achieve the revenue goals for each organization.
- Qualify and nurture leads from marketing
- Adopt the Sales Cloud CRM system and use its functionality and content to manage leads, opportunities and provide insight into accounts.
- Provide regular sales forecasts to management regarding both financial and activities conducted in the territory.
- Promptly and professionally reply to customer inquiries and requests
- Responsible for meeting individual objectives and revenue goals for the assigned territory
- Prospect for new business within target market segments
- Continually provide market feedback to the organization around customer trends, market development, competitive activities.
- Work with E-Procurement manager to manage e-pro functionality in accounts
- Travel within Boston/Cambridge for face to face meetings with customers and attendance at roadshows and conferences is expected to be about 30%.
- There will be one or two international trips for sales meetings or intercompany meetings.
Summary of Job Requirements:
Education, Training & Qualifications
- Strong business acumen
- BSc Degree
- BSc in a life science discipline
Experience – work, research, voluntary, other
- 2-5 years’ experience selling into life science market Knowledge of the life sciences market
- Experience in protein research, immunology and Immunohistochemistry
- Experience in selling solutions and services
- A good understanding of drug discovery and the technologies employed
- Knowledge of the French territory and key contacts.
Specific skills & abilities
- Ability to build relationships both internally and externally with key stakeholders to achieve desired results
- French Speaker
- Very organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work across a multi-site team
- Professional, confident, credible and an enthusiastic team player able to work effectively
- Travel both domestic and international is required of up to 30%. This will include face to face meetings with customers, attendance at conferences, and travelling to sales meetings.
Career progression opportunities
Many opportunities exist for development within the commercial organisation.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
We are incredibly proud to be recognised as the ‘3rd Best Place to Work in the UK in 2021’, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award. Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.