Finance Business Partner - R & D
Finance Business Partner - R&D
About the role:
Reporting to Finance Director-R&D, the Finance Business Partner-R&D will play a key role in supporting the R&D functions through monthly business performance review and by providing value added analysis to R&D Senior Leaders. The role will be responsible for ensuring delivery of timely budgets and forecasts, providing analysis of cost drivers and returns including line management.
Occasional travel to global offices will be required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Overall ownership for budget / forecast process for R&D (in line with central guidance and timetable) including BAU and Programmes and ensure key messaging is identified throughout the process
- Provide leadership and line management to Finance Analyst – R&D
- Partnering for SLT and programmes including cost control, risk and opps identification, and ongoing financial guidance
- Oversight / review of month end accounts and KPIs including SLT review to identify and highlight key messaging
- Provide value add insights to the business and ensure all regular / ad hoc reporting accurately reflects cost drivers and KPIs, remove excessive reporting (reports detailing non key stats or data splits no longer matching structure)
- Build business cases including returns and prioritisation for new projects requiring capital investment
- Ensure that correct financial procedures are maintained and adhered to
- Ad hoc analysis and modelling as required
The ideal will be an experienced business partner. You will have the ability to build relationships strong relationships at all levels be seen as a partner and trusted advisor. Able to influence and challenge senior stakeholders of the R&D team in a constructive manner, as well as working with other members of the finance team to understand and communicate any impacts on other functions in the business.
Strong commercial acumen is required to be able to consider the commercial impact of finance or R&D decisions. Line management experience would be an advantage.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
We are incredibly proud to be recognised as the ‘3rd Best Place to Work in the UK in 2021’, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award. Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.