Finance Business Partner
Reporting to Head of Financial Planning and Management Reporting, the Finance Business Partner will play a key role in supporting the production of high-quality management information and supporting the Strategic Programmes Office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Produce the first draft of Management Accounts coordinating all activities that sit outside of central reporting team (Revenue, KPI’s, Opex, Cashflow, balance sheet, GM, etc.)
- Production of SCRUBS pack for distribution in advance of meeting.
- Seek and propose efficiencies in reporting through automation, validation, etc.
- Maintain FTE reporting by loading FTE and Headcount data into Oracle, preparing the detailed FTE report for distribution on SharePoint.
SPO Project Reporting
- Prepare centralised project reporting, maintaining data accuracy (master) of approved spend, BAU transfers, etc. for distribution with SPO and to support monthly and quarterly routines.
- Distribution of consolidated monthly reports to SPO consistent with FBP reporting to Project Management constituencies
- Maintain project codes ensuring that each new project code request is appropriately supported, codes names are kept up to date (in line with ATA).
- Production of monthly and quarterly CAPEX reporting through coordination of inputs from FBP's, Oracle, etc. (still in development)
- Adhoc analysis to support a better understanding of the underlying performance of the Abcam business (analysis of FX impact, year on year investment, etc.)
Forecast and budgets
- Support in the planning process by:
- Coordinate PBCS integration activities with IBM, ensure the integrations are completed on time and are accurate.
- Create reporting templates in excel, using SmartView (with guidance).
- Coordinate a monitor PBCS issues and fixes with IBM, clearly communicating status with the FBP community.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth.