About the role
Due to growth, we have created a new role within our Financial Planning and Analysis team for a Finance Assistant. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain exposure to a world class FP&A function where you will gain strong analytical and reporting skills.
About FP&A at Abcam
The FP&A department at Abcam is rapidly evolving and supports the various global business units. Providing insightful information to Abcam’s leadership team, the FP&A department add value through the decision making, financial planning and budget management process, providing financial rigour, challenge and support.
Key areas of responsibility
- Support monthly opex reporting process for Corporate Services, including developing monthly headcount and spend reports by cost centre, reconciliations and accruals preparation
- Build reports and templates using Excel, PBCS and Fusion
- Variance analysis of actual spend against budget and analysis into the reasons behind this at a cost centre / entity / account code / project level
- Support annual budget and regular forecasting processes including data entry into PBCS system, reconciliation and reporting of outputs
- Build relationship with Finance Business Partner – Corporate Services to understand functions and proactively support in ad hoc data requests and analysis
- Develop project reporting, including maintaining capitalizable hours record and recharging to projects as appropriate
- Team Player
- Reliable and Punctual
- Professional approach
- Diligent with high attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent excel skills
- Able to pick up new systems quickly
- Good written and verbal communication
- GCSE grade C and above in English and Maths
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth.