About the role
Abcam are looking for a highly motivated Commercial Finance Analyst to join our FP&A department in our new headquarters in Cambridge. This is a key role within the department supporting central finance across revenue and opex.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design and develop monthly revenue and opex reporting including spend and headcount reporting and key financial and non financial KPIs. Preparation of metrics and commentary for the management accounts board pack, ensuring this is in line with business and stakeholder needs
- Review of variances against prior year and target in order to support regular opex reviews with key stakeholders; as well as rolling view of future spend to identify risks and opportunities
- Analysis of performance in order to prepare content for monthly reviews with senior stakeholders. This includes revenue, opex and profit and deep dives into areas of focus where necessary
- Play key role in annual budget and regular forecasting process, across revenue and opex; including preparation of necessary templates into financial systems
- Analysis and dashboard design using Tableau (business information tool) in order to influence business decision making
- Business case modelling for strategic projects driving future growth of Abcam
You will be highly analytical, with the ability to interpret financial data into meaningful and actionable insights and conclusions. You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills enabling you to communicate to VP/ Director level, as well as the ability to explain financial concepts to non-financial managers. You will understand the commercial part of the business and how the financials explain performance, you will have excellent financial modelling experience preferably using excel and Tableau.
You will be educated to degree level with a 2:1 or above (or equivalent) and ideally will be studying towards a professional qualification. Relevant experience or an interest in working in Life Sciences would be ideal for this role.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.