Field Applications Specialist, Europe
About the Role:
We are looking for a Field Application Specialist to join Abcam's global FAS team in Europe or the UK. Our dynamic team consists of experienced and highly qualified specialists who are passionate about developing solutions that enable our customers to do more research, better research – faster.
As part of our FAS team, you will be responsible working with internal stakeholders (sales, marketing, R&D, production) and working directly with Abcam customers. This includes liaising with production labs about projects and products, evaluating and vetting projects, managing proof-of-principle projects, and reviewing customer data.
As part of the Abcam FAS team, you will be active at scientific conferences, collaborate with marketing to develop meaningful external content, and participate in departmental and inter-departmental projects to share your expertise with your team and the rest of the organisation. As this role interacts directly with our customers, you are required to have strong communication skills as well as expert scientific knowledge.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Understand the overarching goal of customer research as a basis to offer high-quality consultation, scientific guidance, and product knowledge to researchers, leading to high customer satisfaction
- Drive customer adoption in the pharma and biotech sector by providing support for complex products in pre-sales situations and follow-through to post-sale
- Provide training for both internal and external stakeholders, mainly sales teams and directly to customers
- Liaise with production teams in the US (both coasts) to track projects
- Curate market intelligence from customer projects and relay back to the team and Solutions Marketing
- Continually think of, suggest, and help implement cross-portfolio solutions
- Actively participate in team meetings and departmental discussions; stay current with new products, applications, and techniques through webinars and trainings.
- M.S. or PhD in a life sciences discipline
- Experience working with engineered cell lines, CRISPR, recombinant proteins, custom antibody development and/or a broad base of assay technologies included multiplexed biomarker development, assay, and screening
- 2+ years commercial experience working directly with sales teams and scientists as customers
- Friendly, thoughtful, self-motivated, and a good team player with effective written and verbal communication skills
- Interested and able to travel within Europe and the UK; creative in finding ways to effectively engage customers remotely when travel is not possible
- Flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances including working hours to permit meetings with UK and US stakeholders
- Fluency in English – German and/or French, in addition to English, is a huge plus
- Solutions-focused: you see the problem/gap/challenge and offer a solution
If you’re looking for a dynamic role that enables you to use your scientific expertise in a customer-facing role, then apply today!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.