Field Application Specialist EMEA (Cell & Gene Therapy)
Field Application Specialist
Reports to: Category Director – Proteins & Peptides
Scope of role: PPI& Sales
Location: Europe (UK, Germany or Netherlands)
The Commercial Portfolio team are “the passion behind the product portfolio, acting to anticipate and exceed customer’s expectations, to enable them to progress their research.”
Following a long-term strategic decision, Abcam is developing an industry leading, premium recombinant proteins portfolio in the Proteins & Peptides market. This role will develop, execute and grow Abcam’s presence with Cell& Gene Therapy customers in biotech and biopharma accounts in Europe.
This role will require significant travel within Europe.
- Develop and execute growth strategy for the protein portfolio targeting Cell & Gene therapy accounts in Europe.
- Serve as a consultant to target accounts, developing these accounts with Strategic Account Managers and Inside Sales Account Managers via joint visits, technical presentations, seminars and training.
- Develop and manage the pipeline of large volume orders and work with the Protein Sciences R&D and Product Management team to prioritize these opportunities.
- Support Protein Sciences Product Management and R&D with strategic roadmap development, leading primary and secondary market research for Cell and Gene therapy.
- Support integrated and digital marketing teams with technical & industry copy and regional marketing teams with training and tradeshow booth duty.
Support the Research Area marketing teams with market intel on the Cell & Gene Therapy market.
Work collaboratively with European sales team to maximise opportunities for Abcam’s portfolio of products.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in molecular biology or biotechnology, a PhD is preferable.
- Experience of Cell & Gene therapy or a related field, industry dynamics, developments and technology applications.
- Deep understanding of how cytokines and growth factors are used in research, drug discovery & development.
- Practical experience of using cell culture proteins in cell or gene therapy research preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ commercial experience in areas such as sales, key account management, marketing, scientific support within the life science industry.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter that drives actions with passion and ability to implement and deliver strategic plans.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Proven track record of delivery in a fast-paced environment.
- Results focused.
- Dynamic personality, team player with an open communication style.
- Great customer facing skills.
- Excellent communicator who can work autonomously.
- Comfortable with a flexible working environment and being flexible to meet demands of the role.
- Willingness and ability to travel within Europe, travel likely to be more than 50%.
- High level of integrity and ethics.
Abcam is a global life sciences company providing highly validated antibodies and other binders and assays to the research and clinical communities to help advance the understanding of biology and causes of disease.
Our mission is to serve life scientists to help them achieve their mission faster by listening to their needs, continuously innovating and improving and by giving them the tools, data and experience they want. Our ambition is to become the most influential life science company for researchers worldwide.