Field Application Specialist - EMEA
About the role
As a Field Application Specialist – EMEA, you will report directly into the Director, Multiplex Applications. You will focus on the scientific sales and support of multiplexed kits within Abcam. You will be responsible for providing technical expertise and assay support for the FirePlex multiplex product portfolio focussing within the EMEA territory.
You will position the portfolio peer to peer via technical talks, scientific conferences and technical poster presentations. This includes pre-and post- sale support activities with objectives to establish a user base in the territory for multiplex protein analysis assays in 384 well HTS format and 96 well screening formats along with multiplex miRNA assays.
You will work closely with the business development team of Field Scientific Specialists as well as Product Management to provide technical support and bring feedback to the internal organization.
There will be up to 70% of travel within EMEA mainly and some very occasional travel may be required outside EMEA.
Your location can be very flexible including working from home, and either based in Cambridge (UK) at our brand new global HQ or any other strategic locations for pharmaceutical/biotech companies in the UK.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Provide technical scientific support for sales activities to include; presentations, technical discussions and running on-site demonstrations of the FirePlex platform on flow cytometers and high content imagers to potential customers
- Conduct on-site training sessions and provide ongoing customer support
- Participate in and attend scientific meetings and trade shows
- Feedback to R&D and marketing teams to improve product use
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, and R&D teams to increase sales and customer satisfaction
- Record and manage contacts and activities in the CRM
- B.Sc. degree or M.Sc with solid laboratory experience within a pharmaceutical or biotech laboratory, in one or more of the following is required: Proteomics or Genomics (especially high content imaging assays, automated assays, flow cytometry, multiplex immunoassays or similar)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on ability to organize and communicate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Prior technical sales/marketing role with a life science company highly desirable
- Ability to build relationships both internally and externally with key stakeholders to achieve desired results
- Takes initiative and has a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work across a multi-site and multi-functional team
- Professional, confident, credible and an enthusiastic team player able to work effectively
- Flexibility to travel a minimum of 50%, up to 70% of the time maximum. Some travel outside EMEA may be required
- Ph.D. in life science
- Experience in running or providing technical support in Proteomics (especially flow cytometry, multiplex immunoassays, HTS assays or similar)
- Experience in running or providing technical support in gene expression, sequencing or qPCR
- Product launch experience highly desirable
- Experience with using a CRM
- Experience working with biomarker screening departments at pharma and biotech accounts
- Flexible to adapt to rapidly changing situations arising from technology development environment
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.