Field Application Specialist - Cell Engineering (Germany)
About the Role
Abcam is developing an industry-leading portfolio of products in the edited cell lines market. To accelerate our progress towards our audacious goals we require a strong, experienced professional to execute and manage key client relationships in fast growing, highly competitive & technical markets. They will possess the experience and have a proven track record of positioning portfolio driven client solutions.
Ultimately the role will advance Abcam’s mission of serving life scientists to achieve their research missions, faster. It’s an exciting opportunity for a visionary professional to deliver an industry-leading portfolio of engineered cell lines, driving above market growth and be at the start of building something new.
- Serve as a consultant to target accounts, developing these accounts with Strategic Account Managers and Inside Sales Account Managers via joint visits, technical presentations, seminars and training.
- Drive the revenue growth of the business by promoting and marketing our portfolio of capabilities.
- Work closely with the Program marketing team to develop & execute in field go to market strategy.
- Work closely during appropriate portions of the sales cycle with other departments to ensure fit for purpose propositions to customers.
- Provide input and support in the creation of unique customer proposals including quotations in conjunction with the Account Managers and project management.
We are looking for an individual who is customer-oriented, commercially minded and looking to play a key role in commercialization of an exciting new product area.
The successful candidate will be motivated self-starter with exceptional leadership skills, as well as possessing the necessary experience, know-how, passion and entrepreneurial spirit to create, integrate and deliver on our program objectives.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in molecular biology or biotechnology, a PhD is preferable
- Experience of Cell culture and/ or cell engineering related fields, industry dynamics, developments and technology applications
- Deep understanding of how cytokines and growth factors are used in research, drug discovery & development.
- Practical experience of using cell culture proteins in cell or gene therapy research preferred.
- Commercial experience in areas such as sales, key account management, marketing, scientific support within the life science industry.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.