Field Application Specialist – Bay Area
About the role
Abcam is developing an industry-leading portfolio of products in the edited cell lines market. To accelerate our progress towards our audacious goals we require a strong, experienced leader to execute and manage key client relationships in fast growing, highly competitive & technical markets. They will possess the experience and have a proven track record of positioning portfolio driven client solutions.
This role is one at the heart of our new business – and reports directly to the VP of Cell Engineering as part of their diverse, global leadership team. We are looking for an individual who is customer-oriented, commercially minded and looking to play a key role in commercialization of an exciting new product area.
The successful candidate will be driven self-starter with exceptional leadership skills, as well as possessing the necessary experience, know-how, passion and entrepreneurial spirit to create, integrate and deliver on our program objectives.
Ultimately the role will advance Abcam’s mission of serving life scientists to achieve their research missions, faster. It’s an exciting opportunity for a visionary leader to deliver an industry-leading portfolio of engineered cell lines, driving above market growth and be at the start of building something new
Roles and responsibilities
- Serve as a consultant to target accounts, developing these accounts with Strategic Account Managers and Inside Sales Account Managers via joint visits, technical presentations, seminars and training.
- Drive the revenue growth of the business by promoting and marketing our portfolio of capabilities.
- Work closely with the Program marketing team to develop & execute in field go to market strategy.
- Work closely during appropriate portions of the sales cycle with other departments to ensure fit for purpose propositions to customers.
- Provide input and support in the creation of unique customer proposals including quotations in conjunction with the Account Managers and project management.
- Work with internal teams and /or agencies providing to design and execute inspiring product that create customer value, driving revenue & growth.
- Work closely with Abcam’s product management and commercial teams to ensure successful product development and commercialization.
- Remain up to date with market developments and competitor portfolios and capabilities.
Our Key Requirements
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in molecular biology or biotechnology, a PhD is preferable
- Experience of Cell culture and/ or cell engineering related fields, industry dynamics, developments and technology applications
- Deep understanding of how cytokines and growth factors are used in research, drug discovery & development.
- Practical experience of using cell culture proteins in cell or gene therapy research preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ commercial experience in areas such as sales, key account management, marketing, scientific support within the life science industry.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter that drives actions with passion and ability to implement and deliver strategic plans.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Proven track record of delivery in a fast-paced environment.
- Results focused.
- Dynamic personality, team player with an open communication style.
- Great customer facing skills.
- Excellent communicator who can work autonomously
- Comfortable with a flexible working environment and being flexible to meet demands of the role.
- Willingness and ability to travel within US & Canada, travel likely to be more than 50%.
- High level of integrity and ethics.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.