Abcam supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this?outcome,?the company?both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe,?and?sources?from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.?
Job Title: eProcurement Specialist
Reports to: Director of Sales Academic and Distributors
Job Purpose: We have an exciting opening for a talented e-procurement specialist to join our commercial sales team! As an e-procurement Specialist, your goal will be to help Abcam grow its market share in academic and Biopharama accounts using electronic catalogues.
As we continue our rapid growth, we are looking to develop our electronic catalogue offering in the new accounts and developing our existing account strategy.
- Manage requests for new electronic catalogues, eInvoicing and PO integration and drive demand for Abcam’s e-catalogue offering.
- Review and coordinate contract review with legal.
- Work on successful implementation of e-Procurement solutions at customers facilities
- Maintain existing e-procurement sites and actively manage these important accounts.
- Work with customers to resolve any concerns regarding electronic catalogue functionality
- Work with sales to maximise the uptake of e-procurement solution by the maximum number of potential users.
- Develop in partnership with regional Marketing, tactical marketing campaigns to customers in the Abcam B2B EMEA eProcurement program
- Develop relationships with our eProcurement partners, to better understand long term revenue drivers.
- Conduct individual account reviews, and ensuring customer needs are met post enablement
- Assist to find opportunities to drive sales at institutions in the region
- Other duties as required
Summary of Job Requirements:
Education, Training & Qualifications
- BA/BS in Marketing/Sales/Life Sciences
- experience in protein research, immunology and Immunohistochemistry would be desirable.
Experience – work, research, voluntary, other
- Experience with eProcurement systems
- Experience in a lab setting or biotech a plus
Specific skills & abilities
- Proficient in managing customer interface and relationship at a user level
- Ability to work cross functionally.
- Project Management
- Experience with Oracle ERP and Sales Cloud (or other CRM systems), Tableau
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- (French or Spanish Speaking)
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability for problem prevention, detection and resolution.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail and follow-through
- Some Travel might be required
- The role is based in EMEA region.
Career progression opportunities
- Many opportunities exist for development within the commercial organisation.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is one that empowers individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. We place great emphasis on knowledge and experience. The working environment is friendly and fun but intense, with everybody working together as a team to deliver great service and the best solution to our customers. In addition to competitive salaries we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes a profit-share scheme and share options.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
We are incredibly proud to be recognised as the ‘3rd Best Place to Work in the UK in 2021’, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award. Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.