Environment, Health and Safety Assistant
Job Title: Environment, Health and Safety Assistant
About the role
An interesting and important role has opened in our branch in Hangzhou. Working collaboratively with our site teams, you’ll provide first class support to our teams with professional environment, Health and Safety management.
The role reports to site Health and Safety Manager.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all local EHS regulations as well as Abcam’s Global Safety Policies. Regular review of local EHS policies to ensure that they are aligned with Global policies.
- Working closely with the Regional Head of Health & Safety, co-ordinate the Hangzhou EHS committee including monthly meetings, monthly inspections, ensuring actions are completed and/or escalated as appropriate.
- Facilitate the annual audit for the local site and follow up the action plan of EHS findings and improvement opportunities.
- Ensure good awareness around accident, incident and near miss reporting. Engage in investigation of any accidents, incidents and near misses to ensure that preventative actions are put in place and that the monthly safety data is updated
- Manage and maintain Fire Service Act, conducting emergency evaluation drill yearly
- Facilitate the risk management program, ensuring that all hazards are identified, controlled and regularly reviewed
- Develop an internal EHS training program, carry out regular training and ensure that the site has a training matrix in place
- Collect and monitor monthly SECR data, work together with all related functions to implement carbon reduction scheme
- Initiate EHS culture activities and wellness program to facilitate staff develop good behavior habits
- Build on existing EHS programs to ensure continuous improvement
- 2- 5 years of relevant environment, health and safety management experience in manufacturing or laboratory
- Competency in Microsoft Office and other applications
- Good skill on English reading and writing is required
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations
- Proven time management skills
- Ability to establish and foster healthy working relationships with people in a work environment
- Be familiar with the state or local EHS regulations and requirements
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong track record of driving change and influencing others
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this?outcome,?the company?both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe,?and?sources?from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.?
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.