Enterprise Data Architect
About the role:
We are looking for an Enterprise Data Architect to help set the vision for Abcam’s use of data, through enterprise data design techniques to meet our business needs.
As an Enterprise Data Architect at Abcam, you will partner with corporate functions including Sales & Service, Marketing, New Product Development, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, HR, Finance and Procurement. In a truly global business with plans to double in size over the next 5 years, this requires you to be agile, audacious, and dedicated to ensuring we’ve the right data strategy, architecture and capability in our teams to help our customers achieve their research missions, faster.
For this role, you should understand Data strategy for big data, AI, data science and Automation to support our data need’s and be able to research and model new data technologies and capabilities with new cloud technologies.
You should know how to analyse system requirements and implement migration methods for existing data. Ideally, you are familiar with predictive analytics, Data Science and Data Engineering domains. You will develop database solutions to ensure company information is stored effectively and securely.
- Develop Enterprise data strategies to support big data, AI, automation and data science.
- Research and model AWS, Google and other big data technologies.
- Develop database solutions to store and retrieve company information.
- Analyse structural requirements for new software and applications.
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts.
- Optimize new and current database systems.
- Coordinate with the Data & Advanced Analytics teams to identify future needs and requirements
- Proven work experience as an Enterprise Data Architect.
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles.
- Experience gathering and analysing system requirements.
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Expertise in SQL and Oracle.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau).
- Proven analytical skills and problem-solving attitude.
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth.