EMEA Digital Infrastructure Manager
UK Infrastructure Manager
About the role:
The EMEA Digital Infrastructure Manager is responsible for the development and delivery of the EMEA Digital Infrastructure and play a significant role in the development and delivery of global digital infrastructure.
You will contribute to and implement an area of strategic value and lead a team organized around that strategy. This includes full accountability for the value it delivers in support of Abcam’s vision and mission.
- Contribute to and implement the vision for our EMEA Digital Infrastructure.
- Lead a team of technical engineers, driving standardisation of processes and automation of solutions specific to DWX and Infrastructure.
- Use qualitative and quantitative methods to understand and measure areas of opportunity, progress against goals, and the success of existing initiatives.
- Marshal and direct the necessary capabilities and resources to achieve success.
- Build strong relationships and engage frequently with internal stakeholders, to effectively deliver change.
- Evangelise, implement and embed an agile mindset within the team.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and management to team members.
- Working knowledge of the Digital marketplace, trends in technology and available applications.
- Knowledge of the Digital Products within the remit of the DWX and proven track record in managing and delivering Digital Products.
- Knowledge of Digital Security and its application to Digital Infrastructure.
- Strong communication skills with internal stakeholders at different levels of seniority.
- Effective leadership skills, including leading a diverse team.
- Experience identifying, diagnosing and resolving issues; will take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances.
- Proven track record of delivering infrastructure across the EMEA region.
- Proven experience in designing and scaling infrastructure in a fast pace company.
- Proven record of developing talent with an emphasis on a mentoring and coaching style.
- Proven track record of automating solutions and driving efficiencies through process improvements.
- Experience of delivering infrastructure support in a complex organisation.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth.