EHS and General office Administrator
An interesting and varied EHS and General office Administrator role has opened in our office in Tokyo. Working collaboratively with our regional and global teams, you’ll provide first class administrative support to our teams across a variety of functions including Health and Safety, Facilities and Human Resources.
Essential EHS Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Ensure compliance with all local EHS regulations as well as Abcam’s Global Safety Policies. Regular review of local EHS policies to ensure that they are aligned with Global policies.
- Working closely with the Global and Regional Head of Health & Safety, co-ordinate the Tokyo H&S committee including monthly meetings, monthly inspections, ensuring actions are completed and/or escalated as appropriate.
- Facilitate the annual audit for the local site as well as contributing to other global sites audits.
- Serve as the site’s main emergency contact for the building and as the point of contact for environmental health and safety regulatory authorities
- Ensure good awareness around accident, incident and near miss reporting. Investigation of any accidents, incidents and near misses to ensure that preventative actions are put in place and that the monthly EHS report is completed. Ensure that learnings are shared within the Tokyo teams.
- Manage and maintain Fire Service Act, conducting emergency evaluation drill yearly
- Facilitate the risk management program, ensuring that all hazards are identified, controlled and regularly reviewed
- Develop an internal EHS training program, carry out regular training and ensure that the site has a training matrix in place
- Be part of the global safety network, representing the site at the Global EHS steering meeting and providing support to the Regional Head of Asia
- Build on existing EHS programs to ensure continuous improvement
- Backup to support the site’s JP hazard officer, specific knowledge in JP product hazards
Essential Facilities responsibilities and tasks:
- Under the direction of the Regional Facilities Manager, ensure office operations and procedures are efficiently run, ensuring the office is in good working order, including updating and maintaining the office Business Recovery Plan
- Support with managing and maintaining the relationship with the office Landlord
- Liaise with facilities vendors, including cleaning, catering, security providers and coordinate / arrange office repairs, as necessary. Ensure office supplies are ordered and replenished where required.
- Support all departments with projects that impact the office, such as reorganization of office / logistics space.
- Ensure the Facilities & EHS budget is maintained and controlled.
- Work with the site social committee to plan in-house or off-site activities, such as parties, celebrations and conferences.
- Support miscellaneous tasks in other departments
Essential HR Admin responsibilities and tasks:
- On site HR admin daily support, including correspondence scanning, filing, and processing. This may include delivering in-hand sensitive documents to external counsels, local authorities, and payroll providers
- Maintaining paper HR records and supporting daily administration tasks, etc.
- 2- 5 years of relevant EHS experience and facilities or office management experience
- Competency in Microsoft Office and other applications
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills. As our head office is based in Cambridge, UK, some conversational English is required.
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations
- Proven time management skills
- Ability to establish and foster healthy working relationships with people in a work environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong track record of driving change and influencing others
- Qualification of person responsible for handling poisonous substances and deleterious substances is preferred
- Working knowledge of local environmental, health and safety regulations
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Pertinent certifications/trainings required, or willing to obtain upon hire
- Prior leadership experience desired
- Environmental Health and Safety qualifications
- Knowledge of JP Hazardous law