Director, Global Demand Planning
About the role
Abcam has ambitious plans to grow both organically and by selected acquisitions and partnerships, with a view to doubling their scale by 2023.
As a result, a new global leadership position has arisen for the role of Director, Global Demand Planning. The Global Demand Planning Director will lead a global team responsible for demand forecasting, planning and management. This is a newly created role to support our business growth, form and lead the demand planning team.
Ideally the role would be based in Cambridge, UK. Boston, US will also be considered.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Develop and lead the Demand Planning part of our S&OP/IBP process and work closely with the commercial, marketing, NPD and finance teams to reach a consensus demand plan aligned with our sales targets and budget
- Responsible for the customer order management process on behalf of the supply chain, working closely with Customer Service and Logistics and overall accountable for service level
- Design and build a global team of demand planning experts
- Partner the Supply Planning team and be accountable for translating our products and commercial plans into Supply Chain requirements and strategy
- Be the main supply chain partner for Customer Operations, Sales, Marketing, Business Development, NPD and Finance, creating collaboration and cross functional improvements.
- Extensive experience in demand planning, forecasting and order management, as well as S&OP and end-to-end Supply Chain
- Commercially aware and customer focused
- Demonstrated ability to be hands-on and close to the details but also strategic thinking as appropriate
- Experience leading global high performing teams
- Proven track record in supply chain transformation, process improvements using lean techniques and building capabilities
- Previous experience of a fast-growing business with significant complexity demonstrated by revenue size, product portfolio depth, or total number of SKU’s
- A Bachelor of Science degree in technical, engineering or business discipline; Master’s degree is preferred
- Knowledge & experience in working with manufacturing technology & systems (Oracle, SAP etc.) to support efficiency and track KPI’s
- in ISO9001/ISO13485/FDA preferred
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.