Director, Global Customer Service
Job Title: Director, Global Customer Service (Mission Preparation)
Location: Cambridge, UK or Boston, US
About the role
The Global Director of Customer Mission Prep is charged with leading Abcam’s global customer service.
It’s this team’s job to prepare our customers for a successful mission. The team own all non-scientific customer contacts, including quotes, high value & bespoke orders, complaints and hypercare - our white glove service for scientific influencers and detractors identified though our tNPS closed loop process.
Customer Mission Prep has leaders on the ground alongside our other Mission teams, in the UK, US, Japan, China, Hong Kong & Singapore, where they serve customers everywhere through multiple engagement channels which we are rapidly digitalising.
As part of the Global Customer Mission Ops Leadership Team, the role influences and supports the delivery of the overall customer experience strategy for Abcam.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Reinvent and lead our customer service and sales support strategy to enable rapid growth in Biopharma
- Partner with Sales & Service Enablement to create an integrated relationship and account management model that scales from Biopharma to our digital base
- Ensure performance levels to meet our annual targets in employee Net Promotor Score (eNPS), transactional Net Promotor Score (tNPS), customer response speeds, customer resolution speeds, customer quality scores, cost to serve and diversity and inclusion
- Lead, motivate and develop the global team to provide an effortless and delightful experience for our customer
- Build an unstoppable team who role model our dedicated, audacious, and agile behaviours in everything they do
- Lead an always-on people engagement plan, using our monthly employee Net Promotor Score to rapidly understand and address pain points for our people
- Embed a real-time data-driven mindset within the team for managing the customer experience and identifying opportunities to improve
- Own the Customer Service budget, planning, and performance
- As a critical member of the Customer Mission Leadership team, act as trusted advisor to the VP and work together to achieve the strategy
You will have experience motivating global customer facing teams in a face-paced, digitalised environment. You will also have experience setting up and working with local and centralised operating models and experience leading and deploying ITIL service management processes.
You will be commercially savvy, collaborative, resilient and purpose driven. Above all, you will be customer obsessed.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, including our award-winning share scheme, a market leading family policy, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, as well as a highly flexible working environment. What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.