VP Data & Advanced Analytics
Title: Director of Analytics (Abcam Digital)
Location: Cambridge (UK), Amsterdam or Boston (US)
About the role
Abcam are a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, with a global reputation for high performance products with detailed technical specifications. As we continue our rapid growth and success, we now have a need for a new permanent role within our Digital function, leading the Analytics team.
The Director of Analytics has a primary responsibility of leading the Analytics team, overseeing all activities and ensuring alignment with the business’s vision and objectives.
The Director of Analytics will be responsible for developing a Centre of Excellence for Analytics, as well as supporting analysts working within business functions. The role will provide thought leadership and act as a subject matter expert in the designing and recommending of appropriate analytical approaches and methodology in addressing key issues within the business.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience running an Analytics group. You will be a data-driven individual with strong analytical skills, bringing solutions and recommendations to optimise products for our customers.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to oversee the further development of an Analytics group whose input will help to define the strategy to support scientists across the world to achieve their research missions, faster!
Roles and responsibilities:
- Guide the Analytics team in research, development, and implementation of appropriate data analytics driving improved business performance and achievement of overall business goals.
- Promote data-driven decision-making, consumer-driven analytics, marketing, and investment planning across the business
- Build a profile of data and analytics by providing clear data and analytics stories and spreading them across the business
- Oversee the Analytics, and wider Analyst teams’ training and competency development, determining best practices and work standards
- Provide Abcam management visibility into data-driven insights that inform the business’s strategic direction and KPI’s
- Work closely with the VP Data & Advanced Analytics and other members of the Data & Advanced Analytics leadership team ensuring alignment of strategies within the Data and Analytics department.
- Build, maintain, and improve business intelligence and analytics tools across the department and across the business
- Be a thought leader at Abcam - predict future areas of innovation and show how they can be applied to Abcam and wider industry
- Advise on the application of standards and methods and ensure compliance
- Take technical responsibility for all stages and/or iterations in a development project, providing method specific technical advice and guidance to project stakeholders.
- Help Abcam and the analytics community create and learn from strategic insights
- Have the ability to apply highly innovative approaches to resolve problems
- Communicate cross functionally and across all levels with compelling stories and insights
- Gather best practice from around the organisation and the external environment, taking this and implementing improvements
Master’s degree (PhD preferred) in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Information Technology, Information Systems, Business Administration or any other related quantitative field. Significant experience working in academia or industry leading and developing an Analytics team.
You will additionally have technical experience with enterprise data warehouse solutions, statistical analysis tools, database systems, and data visualization applications. You will also be skilled in the use of SQL and be highly proficient in the workings of data technologies. In addition, you will have a deep understanding of A/B testing and be highly knowledgeable in key metric identification for driving and maintaining healthy business performance.
Our customers are at the centre of what we do at Abcam and as a result you must have the customer in mind in everything you do.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full pay maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave. A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment. What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.