Digital Solutions Architect
When you join Abcam, you will have the opportunity to work with a purpose driven life sciences organisation undergoing an exceptionally exciting digital revolution.
We are ambitious. We are digitally evolving and need exceptional talent to help us drive that journey. We will design, architect and develop the prototype into a product, make it manufacturable, listen to customers and turn it profitable. The hub is a unique blend of a digital, start-up environment, within a purpose-driven organisation, achieving our objective of serving life scientists to achieve their mission, faster.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Dare to be different, dare to be ambitious, and you’ll help us change the game in our industry.
We are looking for an experienced Digital Solution Architect for our omnichannel digital platform, that brings a broad set of technical skills and product achievements, a development and customer focused mindset to solving problems, and bring news ideas and digital thinking into our global Architecture capability.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with Architecture team members, product and technology peers to architect new world class digital products, platforms and customer experiences
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, engineering, design and the architecture team to implement the platforms and products required to support our vision and digital strategy
- Work with internal and external partners and vendors to design and develop a roadmap for the evolution of our technology strategy
- Work with internal teams and vendors to manage our growth around the globe, with a strong focus on delivering our customer objectives and key results
- Collaborate with members of the global Abcam team to implement and support aspiring strategic efforts, provide constructive feedback, and foster a collaborative environment of product and engineering excellence
- Actively engage with internal teams to develop our enterprise architecture, frameworks and tools to drive quality, accuracy and agility.
- Experience working with Adobe experience manager, E-commerce Magento and MuleSoft API led omni-channel technologies.
- Experience working with native cloud services technologies, including AWS, GCP serverless (function as a service) technologies.
- Experience with web and mobile front-end experiences using React frameworks, Adobe templates and technologies.
- Significant solution architecture experience in digital and commerce products; demonstrable technical experience in omnichannel systems design, improving customer experience and engagement, and iterative design and continuous delivery.
- Experience architecting and continually improving omnichannel platforms for B2C and B2B segments and globally distributed customer facing and marketing platforms
- Strong knowledge of Ecommerce platforms, Cloud and Serverless Computing
- Able to articulate and demonstrate how to use architecture frameworks, techniques and methods to deliver new customer facing solutions in an agile and scrum environment
- Self-starter and able to collaborate and manage efforts with teams across geography and time zones; acts as an informed leader and make data-backed decisions on behalf of Abcam
- Be a curious, audacious and not afraid to ask questions and challenge the way things are done today and own improvements to culture and process.
- Inform, educate and develop team members and peers to grow expertise, develop alignment and encourage collaboration
- Able to present ideas and architecture solutions concisely and in an engaging manner to both large and small audiences; comfortable working in an environment that encourages creative thinking and critical feedback of ideas
- Develop technical documentation, diagrams and templates and be rigorous in maintaining accuracy and relevancy of developed materials
- Passionate about driving a product centric engineering culture and delivering architecture maturity in a progressive way
If you thrive within a transformative, fast-paced start up environment, which is part of a very successful business, then we’d love to hear from you. We are on an incredibly exciting journey and if you’d like to be part of it, get in touch.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.