Digital Product Manager
Digital Product Manager – Human Resources
*This position can be located any where in the US
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
About the role
The Digital Product Manager (DPM) is responsible for the development and delivery of a critical part of our digital product landscape, ensuring product quality and alignment with our overall product vision & strategy.
You will be accountable for the full HR digital product set of strategic value and oversee multi-disciplinary teams organized around that strategy. You will have full accountability for the value the product(s)delivers in support of Abcam’s vision and mission, leadership of all aspects of its life-cycle from inception to replacement, and responsibility for all aspects of its success.
You will be positioned within Abcam Digital, with a solid reporting line into the Digital Enterprise Domain within the relevant Function. Other key responsibilities include:
- Build strong relationships and engage frequently with internal and external stakeholders, to build sponsorship, advocate adoption and deliver change – as well as manage the expectations of the HR leadership.
- Formulate and drive the vision for your product / product area, using business insight and product discovery techniques.
- Lead one or more multi-disciplinary teams in the development and delivery of the digital products.
- Lead the analysis, design, implementation, operation and evolution of the Digital Product(s) to ensure the products are managed to the agreed time, costs and quality, and maximum business value is extracted.
- Ensure the Digital Products are fully adopted and manage the business change lifecycle, including communication, awareness and training.
- Use qualitative and quantitative methods to understand and measure areas of opportunity, progress against goals, and the success of Digital Products.
- Manage the in-life operation of the digital products and ensure root cause analysis of tickets are fed back into the product evolution plan.
- Manage the demand management, prioritization, investment case and budget approval process for the Digital Product(s).
- Direct the necessary capabilities and resources to achieve success of the Digital Product(s) through its life-cycle – including within the Domain, across Abcam Digital and with external suppliers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within Abcam Digital as well as in other parts of Abcam.
- Evangelize, implement and embed agile methodology in Abcam Digital.
- Provide coaching and support to promote good product practice, promote effective ways of working and the Abcam Digital revolution as a whole.
- Relevant experience in the end to end HR processes in a world class organization, in particular in a scaling company and integrating companies
- Demonstrated experience and success in helping managers align planning and business strategy
- Proven track record of managing product(s) with tangible outcome
- Line managing of teams and developing a world class team, with effective leadership skills, including leading and organizing resources outside direct line control.
- Understanding of agile methodologies and practical experience of delivering products using agile approaches. Able to help teams select appropriate practices.
- Understanding of the product lifecycle and capable of defining and adapting the team to deliver at each stage.
- Practical experience of product management tools and techniques, from roadmap, backlog and release planning to prioritization tools and techniques.
- Experienced in using product discovery techniques and ensuring products are customer-focused, as demonstrated through use and interpretation of customer insight to drive strategic planning.
- Working knowledge of the Digital marketplace, trends in technology and available applications. Knowledge of the Digital Products within the remit of the Domain and proven track record in management Digital Products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.