Digital Portfolio Analyst - 6 months FTC
Job Title: Digital Portfolio Analyst
Location: Cambridge, UK
About the role
The DPA will be responsible for supporting the Digital Transformation Office (DTO) team and internal stakeholders/clients, working closely with the Portfolio Manager and the wider Digital function to improve the quality of portfolio data and the insights gained from it. Through close collaboration with individual product and project managers they will help to ensure successful deliveries of our key transformation activities.
This is an exciting time to join the DTO! You will be instrumental in supporting the Portfolio Manager and Director of DTO in the evolution of data and MI to support decision making across our key delivery teams. The DTO team is the co-ordination and visibility centre across all Digital projects, programmes and products, enabling the transformation of Digital and our wider business.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Help to support understanding of, and adherence to, consistency standards across the portfolio
- Manage the portfolio level risk, issue, and dependency register. Gathering and ensuring data quality is met.
- Support the change control process
- Partner with DTO team and defined product/project management teams on understanding and maintaining key data and processes, providing support as necessary
- Regular reporting of governance exceptions
- Work with DTO and Data Science teams to improve the insights driven from that data and the onward reporting based on it.
- Manage our Digital Portfolio tool – the key stakeholder view of the activity across Digital – including ensuring quality & consistency of data and managing the backlog of product improvements.
The ideal candidate will be a highly experienced Digital/IT Portfolio/PMO analyst, who can deliver on the responsibilities of this role and immediately add value to our Digital teams. You will have a ‘can-do’ attitude and will be highly proactive. Key competencies and knowledge:
- Good knowledge and experience of project management and reporting systems – both Agile/Product-led and ‘traditional’ (waterfall) environments
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to analyse and use data to deliver outcomes or support decisions
- Experience in identifying, diagnosing, and proposing solutions
- Adaptability to change when needed and comfortably adapt to new priorities
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities
- Life sciences experience preferable but not essential
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
We are incredibly proud to be recognised as the ‘3rd Best Place to Work in the UK in 2021’, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award. Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by