Desktop Support Technician
Job purpose: The Desktop Support Technician will be responsible for providing 1st line IT support to internal Abcam US customers. The ideal candidate will be positive, energetic, and detail oriented while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Provides basic support for Windows PCs/laptops, printers, telephones and other IT infrastructure
- Installs and configures end user laptops, desktops, and virtual desktop systems
- Performs asset management activities (inventory tracking, distribution, etc.)
- Owns the new starter and leaver process which includes – creation of accounts, equipment setup, closing accounts, archiving data, recovery of equipment and licenses, etc.
- Uses problem solving skills to fix IT software and hardware issues
- Assists colleagues with Infrastructure projects and tasks where needed
- Conducts training sessions on newly implemented technologies to educate staff
- 1-2 years of prior desktop support experience
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills with a focus around Microsoft technologies
- Team player
- Basic understanding of DHCP, DNS, VPN
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Experience performing Desktop/IT Support activities primarily in a Windows environment
- Experience supporting MS Office Products
- Understanding of Windows 7/10
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.