Desktop Support Specialist
- Provides basic support for Windows PCs/laptops, printers, telephones and other IT infrastructure
- Maintains front line desktop support for internal customers
- Responds to IT request tickets in timely manner
- Performs asset management activities (inventory tracking, distribution, etc.)
- Owns the new starter and leaver process which includes:
- Creation of accounts
- Equipment/Desk setup
- Closing user account in AD/O365
- Archiving data + recovery of equipment
- Uses problem solving skills to fix IT software and hardware issues
- Assists colleagues with Global Infrastructure projects and tasks where needed
- Conducts training sessions on newly implemented technologies to educate staff when needed
- Administers ID security card system in place to protect the office space
- Perform all other tasks/duties as required
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within Abcam Digital as well as in other parts of Abcam.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills with a focus around Microsoft technologies
- Basic understanding of DHCP, DNS, VPN
- Experience performing Desktop/IT Support activities primarily in a Windows environment
- Working knowledge of Windows Active Directory and file server permissions
- Experience supporting MS Office Products such as:
- Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- O365 + Skype
- Understanding of Windows 7/8/10
- Works well in a team environment
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998,?Abcam plc?(www.abcamplc.com)?began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.??
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this?outcome,?the company?both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe,?and?sources?from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.?
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.