Desktop Support Engineer
About the role
Abcam is a world-leading provider of protein detection reagents with its head office in Cambridge, UK and other offices in the UK, US, Japan, China and Hong Kong.
We are seeking a talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic Desktop Support Engineer to join our Digital Workplace Experience (DWX) team based in our new Singapore office. You will support an exciting vision to maintain and develop cutting edge, operation management systems to support the rapid growth of our dynamic, market-leading business. In return you will be exposed to the latest technologies, methodologies and techniques in the application support.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide the L1 desktop support to Singapore users
- Provision end user PCs utilizing the imaging tool
- Manage user accounts (e.g. new starters, leavers and movers)
- Manage IT hardware/software inventory and keep equipment in the operable state at all times
- Office/desk reconfiguration as required
- Escalate incidents to Global/APAC Digital Workplace Experience teams as appropriate
- Infrastructure support (Server patching, firewall update and cabling) when requested by the Infrastructure team
- Write knowledgebase articles for internal users as needed
- 1-3 years of prior desktop support experience
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- Ability to multi-task
- Hands-on experience with Windows environment and TCP/IP networking
- Good knowledge of supporting Office365 suite apps
- Business level English in both speaking and writing
- Good team player
- Customer-focused attitude
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this?outcome,?the company?both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe,?and?sources?from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.?
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.