Desktop Support Engineer
About the Role
Abcam is looking for a Desktop Support Engineer to join Abcam’s growing and exciting Digital team. In this critical role you will be primarily responsible for providing answers to queries logged by internal staff and to ensure that Abcam employees are supported in their use of technology.
You will have a variety of responsibilities, ranging from deploying equipment as required, administering user access and privileges, working in tandem with other internal teams or suppliers to documenting technical knowledge as notes or manuals to provide assistance and guidance to the rest of the team. As well as these responsibilities, you will have the opportunity to take a proactive approach to your career and join a growing, innovative company during an exciting time.
- Experience working as a Desktop Support Engineer in a Microsoft environment
- Experience managing user access across various systems and applications including Active Directory
- Solid experience in scripting tools such as PowerShell, and familiarity with ServiceNow or other ITSM platform
- Excellent knowledge of desktop hardware, networking technologies and IT security principles
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
- Desired qualifications in; Microsoft certifications, ITIL Foundation certification, Mac OS, Project Management and exposure to Oracle
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share plan, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, generous PTO/ annual leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.