About this role
As part of our rapid growth Abcam are looking for a Demand Planner develop our demand function within Supply Chain. It’s an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to develop and progress as we are building our Demand Planning team and global S&OP process and systems.
You will be responsible for and lead the Demand Planning and Review process for a set portfolio/region as part of the global S&OP process and the quality of its inputs and outputs and drive actions to resolve potential risks.
Role & Responsibilities
- Key point of contact with various Sales and Marketing teams to gather the markets intelligence and support the execution of sales plans and budgets for existing and new products.
- Work closely with the Product Managers, ensuring planned product launches are included in the forecasting process, scenario planning is completed as required, and launch volume orders are created at the agreed quantities.
- Influence, collaborate and build a sustaining network of cross functional stakeholders and key partners in marketing, sales/commercial, product management and finance and address forecast gaps in order to generate a consensus demand plan.
- Responsible for ensuring statistical forecasts are produced each month during the monthly planning cycle and all market intelligence is gathered and reflected. This may either be creating the forecasts or reviewing forecasts created by others and challenging their robustness.
- Determine and communicate forecast confidence, including risks and opportunities, to relevant functional groups.
- Support the needs of the customers and their markets to enable relevant communication to the Supply Chain Planner and key stakeholders.
- Work with various cross functional teams on projects such as new product launches, line extensions, product discontinuations, etc. Demonstrate sound business decision-making, aligned with company goals.
- Driving continuous improvement activity within the demand management function and across the Supply Chain team more generally, deploying recognized problem resolution and process improvement methodologies as appropriate
You will have demonstrable experience in a demand planning role in a multichannel environment, influencing and collaborating with Sales, Marketing and product management functions. You will have excellent communication and influencing skills to present findings and recommendations, with proven ability building effective relationships across all levels and functions in an organization.
You will be a self-starter with natural attention to detail, and experience meeting tight deadlines, prioritizing tasks and multi-tasking to achieve results. You will be able to adapt to changing environments and creatively solve challenging problems. It would be advantageous but not essential to hold a degree in a related discipline (or equivalent) along with a background using supply chain planning aspects of ERP and demand forecasting systems.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.