Data Engineer - Amsterdam
Abcam is looking for a Data Engineer to join Abcam’s growing Data Engineering team. The Data Engineer will work on several projects including data migrations from legacy systems into an ERP and a PIM system, as well as developing scalable Big data processing and analytics solutions. They will be responsible for implementing technical solutions to business requirements and providing input on solution design.
The Data Engineering team is responsible for Abcam’s self-service BI stack, including a data warehouse and Tableau, as well as Abcam’s AWS data platform and data lake and several data migration projects.
- You will work on the design, build and support of our data migration stack.
- You will design and develop scalable Big data processing and analytics solutions.
- You will write performant, functional code whilst applying best practise.
- You will work closely with IT stakeholders including Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Architects, Infrastructure Engineers, Project Managers and Business Analysts.
- You will work closely with non-technical business stakeholders and communicate complex technical concepts in a way they can understand.
- You will keep abreast of developments in the world of Data Engineering and make recommendations about new technologies and ways of working.
Essential skills: SQL, Data Warehouse, Oracle, ETL, Git, Python, Data Architecture
Desirable skills: Mulesoft, ODI, Spark, AWS, APEX
- You will be proactive, seeking to resolve issues quickly.
- You will build strong relationships with IT stakeholders including Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Architects, Infrastructure Engineers, Project Managers and Business Analysts.
- You will be a team player who supports other team members as necessary to ensure success.
- You will be skilled in SQL. Experience of Oracle SQL would be beneficial.
- You will have experience designing and building Data Warehouses, and using ETL tools. You will preferably have worked with Oracle ODI before.
- You will be experienced in using Git and CI/CD tools for version control and code releases.
- Experience implementing Big Data solutions using AWS Data platform and AWS Data Services would be beneficial.
- Some background in life science would be beneficial, but is not essential.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China, Japan and the Netherlands. As we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth.