About the role
Abcam is a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, with a global reputation for high performance products with detailed technical specifications. As we continue our rapid growth and success, we have need for a contract role (6 months) of Data Administrator to join the Portfolio Governance’s, New Product Integration (NPI) team, reporting to the New Product Integration Manager.
We are looking to recruit a motivated Data Administrator to take responsibility for improving how we create, classify, maintain, process, and analyse business data across several platforms and systems. This is an important role that will empower better use of our data assets, enhancing delivery of our new products. The job is based at our Hangzhou site, and the job holder will work closely with several teams in our global locations. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to steer our data management and intelligence to aid researchers and scientists across the world to achieve their research mission, faster!
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure relevant new items created in the NPD process are entered in Product Hub following defined data nomenclature and attribute rules.
- Coordinate the transfer of High-quality data from development teams to manufacturing and other operational teams.
- To contribute to maintaining and enhancing our existing product data
- Participate in team meetings and contribute toward our need to continually improve our processes and product information.
- Establish data standards to measure accuracy and regularly report status to senior stakeholders
- Proactively identify data issues and work with stakeholders to investigate and implement corrective measures
- Proactively seek opportunities to continuously improve the data asset
- Our ideal candidate will have 2 years' experience in data management. Results-orientated, diligent, champions best practises for data governance
- Bachelor’s degree is required. There is no limit on the major, but life science background would be plus.
- Expert in Excel (queries, pivot tables and vlookups) and comfortable handling large data sets.
- Knowledge of Tableau would be an advantage
- Fluent written and spoken English as business language
- Problem-solving skills, Meticulous attention to detail
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this?outcome,?the company?both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe,?and?sources?from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.?
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.